Thursday 31 March 2011

Trouble with photo syncing repeatedly on iPad

A strange problem happened, when I did a sync with iTunes, all the photos seemed to be re-optimised and copied again and again, repeatedly. 3000 initially, then once finished it did it again with 2100, then again and again, the number dropping each time, until finally it had 8 to do. Then it went up massively to 3000+.

I think they've tweaked the sync process and it tries to copy and optimise, and by optimising it finds it has more room for photos, and tries to do more, to fill the space.

I found a post that said turn on and off include video (on the photos tab) that plus selecting just a subset of events - leaving 2gig of space seemed to do the trick. It then synced the photos once and I was done.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:UK

No comments:

Post a Comment