Saturday, 12 March 2011

Dreamweaver bug

A dreamweaver bug when you set up an FTP site gives an error that it cannot connect. Even though checking on an external FTP client it works. Well I found all you need to do is put in the ip address of the server instead of the hostname. I needn't add port numbers, I turned off "use FTP performance" under "server compatibility" which may help if the above item didn't help.

There was no need to enter the host directory; just leave that blank.

Using a dataflame account, when creating an FTP account, remember to take off the username at the end to leave public_html as the folder you are granting access.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment