Sunday 11 October 2009

Choosing a company name

I didn't anticipate how hard this was going to be. The problem is all the good names seem to have been taken.

What I did was first find a word that I liked, but found it was already taken as a URL.

So then I tried combing other words with it. I came up with loads of really good names, but the majority unfortunately were taken or were parked (where someone buys a URL with the intent of reselling it for a profit). However I did get one name I really liked.

My sister thought it was too many syllables though.

So I got a list of 1 and 2 syllable words and started combining. Couldn't find one that fitted my company though. Thought up some really good ones that weren't taken, thinking of doing my own parking.

Gave up and went back to the "sister says it's too long" one.

The whole process took me about 4 or 5 hours! I recon there's a business opportunity or two in here.


-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment