Thursday 22 October 2009

Traffic Apocalipse

The M25 was closed tonight, I drove over it on my way home from from Corbets Tey and it wasn't moving anti-clockwise.






I looked at the A127 southend bound and that wasn't really moving, so I thought I'd go up Bird Lane, via Warley Herongate and The Old Dog to Dunton. That was a very silly idea.



There was a car crash on Great Warley Road and the traffic wasn't moving. 15 minutes later I was heading down Bird Lane. It was bonkers i've never known so much traffic trying to get both ways along Bird Lane.

It took a long time to get down Bird Lane. The end bit was one way, and I don't see the cars going the other way getting down there. They are probably still waiting there! It was very close to blocking up completely...

I probably should have stuck the A127 out. My whole trip took me 50 minutes for a 20 minute journey :-(

On the radio they said the accident closed the M25 at 11.00 this morning. I hope everyone is okay, how bad must it have been to take 7 hours and still not be re-opened?


-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment