Sunday 9 May 2010

iPod Nano first generation fixing

This is a guide on how I got my first generation iPod Nano working again.



I thought my first generation iPod Nano was dead. All it would do is flash contact apple support, despite trying to sync it.

I'd left it a while, and I decided to try and fix it. I plugged it into my Mac, it kept flashing contact support and wasn't recognised in iTunes. After 5 minutes it stopped flashing and stopped saying contact apple suport.

Then it appeared as a device in iTunes, and asked if I wanted to do a software upgrade, so I did.

Then after it finished installing and charging up, it said okay to disconnect in iTunes. However it said do not disconnect on the iPod Nano. I thought there was a problem, so I left it 20 minutes or so.

I soon realised all I needed to do was eject it from iTunes. I did this, and it now works, wa-hoo!

Location:UK

No comments:

Post a Comment