Friday 3 August 2012

Website inception

I accidentally typed Google into Google; website inception, I thought the internet was going to break!

Then I thought I'd be a smart arse and do SharePoint inception by putting an iFrame on my SharePoint site, only I thought it would be clever to put my SharePoint site in this iFrame; website exception, but major fail - this basically set up a recursive call to my site, which blew the memory, and wouldn't let me edit it; so I couldn't remove it!!! Argh. But then I remembered I have SharePoint Designer, and a quick search for "iFrame" and replacement with a different site fixed the problem.

Lesson learned; don't try website inception.... (website within a website within a website...)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment