Friday 30 September 2011

Awesome media server setup




Above is the media server setup I have setup. I currently stream to the PS3 and the iPad. PS3 Media server handles the streaming to the PS3 over the home starter kit network connection over my house's electrics. Air Playit media server serves to the iPad, and its particularly brilliant as it remembers where you were in the video. Things I'd like to do next;

- Stream to other TVs in the house - use Apple TV?
- Stream to the iPhone - currently Air Playit is not working on the the iPhone.
- Setup a raided NAS rather than having two manually mirrored external harddrives.
- Sort out streaming to the HP Touchpad
- Sort out streaming to the MacBook Pro, and maybe to the Powerbook G4 also.
- Install Teamviewer so I can remotely logon to the media server PC.
- Find broadcast streaming solution to simultaneously stream the same thing to all devices

Note that I've installed PC monitor which allows me to monitor the performance of the media server PC from the iPad, and gives me control over the powering options, and hibernating the PC. Monitoring the performance is useful in the rare occasiins where the video jumps.

Note you can stteam different movies simultaneously to both the PS3 and iPad.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:UK

No comments:

Post a Comment