Tuesday 4 October 2011

No iPhone 5; iPhone 4S opinion

It felt like an anti-climax that there was no iPhone 5, but the 4S is in fact quite awesome;

- Siri looks simply amazing - a voice controlled assistant that seems extremely powerful
- Much faster cpu
- Amazingly faster graphics performance
- Amazingly better camera - 8mega pixel, better lens and lighting, facial recognition, rapid snap speed, access to camera from locked screen, physical shutter button (volume +)
- Records 1080p video
- Better antenae and wireless to allow faster download speed and up to double theoretical upload speed
- No wires required to setup or sync
- iCloud - so cloud backup, wireless syncing of media, find my phone, image streaming, documents syncing
- Reminders - brill, it was the missing app and it can remind you based on arriving and leaving a location, not just time based
- Notifications centre and widgets and banners - This is simply superb, makes it a pleasure to use and when you've got multiple email, texts, tweets and Facebook messages it makes handling the incoming tide great fun!
- Notifications on the lock screen, very useful for seeing you're latest messages and such without unlocking the phone
- Twitter integration - very nice to allow easily tweeting links, photos and locations
- Reader in Safari - store webpages up for reading later, might be useful
- Cards - create and send cards to people around the world at a reasonable price. Interesting but a card shop usually works for me fine...
- Find My Friends -Keep track of friends locations (who share it with you) just like a very useful app by my friend David de Niese
- Enhanced game centre - I don't really use this much so I probably won't notice these enhancements too much.
- Newsstand - Download newspapers and magazines - I'm looking forward to this.

I was initially disappointed I didn't see an iPhone 5 with larger screen and NFC. But the combination of hardware and software improvements is an awesome proposition. If you're on anything earlier than an iPhone 4 I highly recommend buying this.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment