Wednesday 24 November 2010

Getting Rowmote working with iPad

Okay I had trouble getting Rowmote Pro working on my iPad. I downloaded it from the app store and tried to connect. It would not find my computer. Then I realised they were on different networks, fixing that did not resolve the issue. I tried putting in the IP address but finding out which IP address to put in proved to be very complicated. This did not work.


I thought it might be related to Rowmote helper, so I tried reinstalling that. There was then a problem with permissions that I had to restart my Mac to sort out. That still did not fix it. So I deleted the app and used iTunes to transfer it from my iPhone. It was now able to find my Mac, horah!

Rowmote is a really good app for controlling your Mac via your iPhone or iPad and probably iTouch.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:UK

No comments:

Post a Comment