Saturday 29 October 2011

iOS 5 next steps

So I'm on GM for iOS 5, I need to work out how to get to the actual full release version, as the software update, over the air does not give me the possibility to upgrade. I also need to find out when betageddon will happen for the GM; I can't just stay on it.

So newsstand doesn't work on GM so I want to upgrade for that reason too.

As far as MobileMe and iCloud is concerned - I need to upgrade Mac OS X on my MacBook Pro, I need to upgrade to iOS5 on my iPad, and I need to migrate my mobile me account to iCloud. Fingers crossed this all goes smoothly. I only want to upgrade to iOS 5 on my iPad if all the multitask gestures are still there (that were removed from the last release, which I avoided upgrading to).

Also I have duplicates of all my contacts on the iPhone, due to trying to fix the contacts deletion that happened with one of the beta upgrades. I need to work out how to get rid of the duplicates, should I try and do it before or after? I think I should probably try and do it after, but will google for some advice.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment