Monday 31 October 2011

Tips on jetlag

Vegas is 7 hours behind us the UK during the summer... On getting to Vegas, we stayed awake until 18.00 when we went to bed. Which is 1.00am back home.

It seemed like a good idea, but I then woke up at 21.30 and every two hours afterwards until 3.30am when none of us could get back to sleep. So we had to wake up, and then stayed awake until 3.30am the next morning.

So mistake one was to go to bed at 18.00.... I think I should have stayed awake until 22.00 or later - 5.00am back home. Then I would have slept more appropriately....

Then for the next 4 days I stayed awake in the day and wasn't getting much sleep at night, then on Wednesday I crashed and ended up nappimg early evening, and then going to bed at 22.00 for 12 hours.

Tip 2 is to have an hours kip in the afternoon everday - which I did after Wednesday and I felt much better.

In coming back I changed my clock to UK time when I boarded the plane, so suddenly it was 1.00am, then I tried to sleep, and I slept on and off for the next 6-10 hours. So when I got to UK I stayed up for the rest of the day and got an early night.

Unfortunately I was at work the next day and had to be up at 7.00am. Tip 3 would be to have the day off after returning home, in order to get enough sleep for the rest of the week - as I couldn't wake up the rest of the week, after lying in the following weekend my sleeping patterns are back to normal, phew.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment